The 5-Step Dream Analysis Technique - A Quick Glance
1. EMOTIONS. Feelings as you wake up are the first clue.
2. STORY LINE. The story line re-states the dream—without actual details. Use general words like “someone” and “something” to summarize the gist. For example, a young man dreams he is trying to catch a firefly on a warm summer night; he keeps missing. Frustrated, he quietly sits on the grass and as he sits, a firefly comes near. He gently catches it. The story line is: “Someone gets what they want when they stay calm and let it come to them.”
3. MATCH STORY TO LIFE. Ask, "How does the story related to me or my life?” The story line should resonate to an issue or a question and when you recognize it—the message clicks.
4. SYMBOLS. Symbols are unique to your personal experience. A red rose reminds one person about love because they received flowers on Valentine's Day. A red rose reminds someone else about sadness because they placed a rose on the casket of a dead loved one. Symbols relate to a memory, and the memory points to what the symbol means.
5. WHAT A DREAM MEANS. By the time you note feelings, match story to life, and review symbols, an 'Aha' emerges which is the message. The dream may invite you to work on an attitude, develop a talent, understand someone, or hint how you can resolve a problem.
What People Say...
STASE MICHAELS IS... Gifted & thoughtful ... Fearless in her listening ... Magical yet grounded ... Probes for the truth ... Logical & accurate ... Read Full Reviews
WOW. It's amazing how you broke down my complex dream to its essential meaning. It's genius!!! RB, USA
YOU GOT IT SPOT ON. I am not someone who asks about dreams but one bothered me so much, I had to. Thank you; your analysis brought so much comfort. It was exactly the way I was feeling. Amazing. P.F., South Africa.
BEST DREAM WEBSITE EVER. I did my own dream work for a year and then found this site. It was the most informative and practical. The 5-step technique is very user friendly. I wish I had stumbled across it sooner. Z.H., UK